1) ENTRY FEE – $100.00 / per angler – CAPTAINS MEETING – THURSDAY MAY 11TH 6:00 – 9:00 P.M.
2) All anglers must be registered by Friday May 12th, 2016 by 8:00 P.M. (LATE ENTRY FEE of $25 After Captains Meeting) and sign off on acknowledgement of rules
3) A "registered" or "participating" angler means any person who has paid the $100.00 entry fee and completed necessary forms.
4) Fishing cannot begin before 12:01 A.M. – (lines in) Saturday May 13th, 2017.
5) All occupants of any vessel with a registered angler – must be registered in the tournament – regardless of age or capacity on the vessel ( including captain or crew on any vessel)
6) All fish to be weighed must be caught on a hook & line – no exceptions. The only nets allowed are “landing nets”
7) Wade fishing – Kayaks – Canoes – Inflatables – Small tenders – WILL BE ALLOWED.
8) No registered angler may fish from a stationary raised platform (gas wellhead / oil rig / mooring platform) in open water.
9) Fishing from land based piers / rock piles / bulkheads / marina break walls / sand bars – WILL BE ALLOWED.
10) Weigh master and scales will open at 4:00 PM May 13, 2017 – Behind the Blind Tiger In the Event Area
11) All Fish will be weighed to the 2nd decimal place – In the event of a tie – first angler to the scales wins.
12) There is no “lines out time” – but any angler weighing fish must be in line and checked in with weigh master by 7:00 PM – with the fish - ( NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE ) –
13) A block and tackle / push cart will be available for “biggest fish” category – and tournament volunteers will be on standby to facilitate and assist any angler as needed in this category.
14) LIVE FISH – will be allowed, and encouraged.
15) All fish prior to being weighed - will be subject to a Qualified weigh master inspection to verify “freshness”. Any fish deemed “old” will be disqualified along with the Angler and any other of his/ her fish. The Tournament committee has no recourse with weigh master and all decisions will be final.
16) The Weigh master has the final word regarding the legality or weight of any submitted fish
17) All winning anglers are subject to – and may have to pass a polygraph examination by a licensed professional. These results are final and indisputable.
18) WEIGH IN results and presentation of awards will start at approximately 7:30 PM Saturday May 13th, 2017
19) Anyone winning a prize of $600.00 or greater will be required to submit a completed W-9 form prior to receiving prize money.
20) By paying the entrance fee, all participating anglers affirmatively state that they are properly licensed to fish in this tournament, or are exempt, and shall comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws during its course. All tournament rules apply to all participants, whether or not the participant attends the Captains' Meeting.
21) Neither The Blind Tiger, nor its owners, agents, or employees, nor any sponsor, person or entity associated in any way with this fishing tournament assume responsibility or liability for any act or omission of any registered participant in this fishing tournament, or any other person.
22) Early entry tournament requires paid registration by April 15th, 2017 using online registration. Individuals that are properly registered for Early Registration tournament are part of an additional $2500 prize for the largest Speckled Trout. In addition to the regular tournament, the largest speckled trout for these individuals will be the only ones considered for this bonus prize. If no early entry participant turns in a legal speckled trout, no prize will be paid.
23) Each angler will be allowed to weigh his heaviest (3) speckled trout - heaviest redfish and heaviest largest offshore fish. Anglers will be taken to the weigh master scales (1) at a time - to weigh the fish after checking in at the anglers tent with a tournament official. No fish weighed will be returned to any angler - for any reason with the single exception of a State Record sized fish can be, upon request, returned to the angler so he can get it qualified.
24) All registered anglers will receive complimentary cold beer, soft drinks and fresh fried fish during the weigh in. The anglers tent will be adjacent to the weigh master's tent - and open with the scales at 4 p.m. A tournament bracelet must be worn for access into the tent.
25.) Speckled Trout may only be entered if caught east of the West Bank of the Mississippi River as it flows. See Map
26.) Largest Offshore Fish category is to be the largest fish by weight of the following types of offshore fish Cobia, Amber Jacks, All Offshore Bottom and Reef Fishes, Wahoo, King Mackerel, Dolphin (Mahi-Mahi), Swordfish, Tuna
27.) All fish must be legally caught
28.) Rules are to be finalized at the Captains Meeting on THURSDAY MAY 11TH 6:00 – 9:00 P.M
29.) Entry is not transferable to anyone